Monday, April 24, 2017

Monday Noneday

Today finds me struggling to wake up for work after a grueling weekend (my organization put on an Earth Day event on Saturday that takes up a LOT of energy). Next weekend, my organization is running a garage sale on Saturday and Sunday, which requires a lot of heavy lifting and hauling and moving of things around. The older I get, the more I find it's not so much the day after events like this that get me, but the day AFTER the day after.

WHICH is a long way of saying don't expect much from me here next week, either!

I don't have much else left in the tank this morning, so I'll leave you with this nifty, slinky little bit referred to, for reasons unknown, as "Orange Tango Jam." Usually, pieces like this are best listened to in full context, but that would take about a half an hour. See you on your blogs, and maybe here next week!



12 comments:

  1. I have started to feel like that - things can take a few days to recover from! Oh well. Hope you're feeling back on form.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly how you feel. Getting old is exhausting. Thanks for dropping by my blog. Yes, it's "sand storms." Oops. The weather forecasts will say if a large amount of wind is expected, but no one except wind surfers look at those, so the rest of us are always caught by surprise. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should explain that in a country with 360 days of sun a year, there's not much point to watching weather forecasts. The only thing you find out is how damn hot it is, and I'd rather not know! lol

      Delete
    2. Sand storms, sandstorms, no matter how you spell it, I'm glad I don't have to deal with them! Living where you do, however, I would think you would want to have wind alerts. Do you go outside at all when it's sandstorming?

      Delete
    3. No one goes out in sand storms because even if you put a scarf over your nose and mouth, getting dust/sand in your eyes hurts like heck! Everything in Egyptian towns shuts down. You can't even run your car since the dust will get into all the intake fans and everything. No, it's stay inside and hunker down for as may hours as it takes...

      Delete
    4. Seems like a wise choice.

      Delete
  3. Hope you're feeling better by now!!! I totally agree with you on the aches and pains - take care! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like someone has been busy! Hope all organisation things went well and were good fun even if they were draining.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you've recovered from your hard work days. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, everyone. Not sure I'm recovered yet, after another long week. We'll see how I feel in the morning. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete

Alas, due to an overwhelming tide of spam from Anonymous commenters, you must now be a registered user to comment. Sorry, folks, I hope it does not cause inconvenience.