This and That from the weekend
* After a full week of crummy weather, the skies around here finally opened up enough last night to allow me to see Comet Pan-STARRS. I won't go so far to call myself an amateur astronomer, but I have a slightly-more-than-passing interest in the heavens. I think it's pretty cool to see a comet with the naked eye.
|Where's the road? Aieeee!|
* On a happier note, last week saw the return of Red-winged blackbirds and Grackles to our corner of the world. They seem late this year. If only I'd kept a journal, I'd know how it compares to years past. Also, Killdeer showed up ahead of the snow on Friday. They'll all be sorry if this storm goes down the way they say.
* Big thanks to y'all for coming by on Friday and visiting with Carrie, and thanks, Carrie, for being such a good sport! Hang in there, keep your energy level up through your tour, and best of luck!
* I spent literally all of last week's writing time working on one. Single. Chapter. of BARTON'S WOMEN. Remember back in Geometry or Calculus, when you learned about asymptotes? Yeah, neither do I. But getting this particular chapter just exactly right has been an absolute bear. I know true perfection is not likely; I'm trying to get to 'good enough', and it's being especially stubborn. Ugh.
* The Magpie is home, which is great. Sadly, her spring break does not coincide with the Catbird's spring break. Still, nice to have the full brood home.
* Ryshia Kennie tossed me a Liebster Award last week! Thanks, Ryshia! I don't know that I'll participate fully, but I do appreciate it.
* Author Lev Raphael had a less-than-stellar experience with a blog tour promoting his new book. I know two of you who have signed on for these things; I'm curious what sort of impressions you've gotten from your own tours. There's a feeling in some corners of the internet that he should have done his homework and checked out the blogs he was being sent to in advance; isn't that what tour organizer is supposed to do?
I think that's about all I've got for today. Hope you all had a great weekend!